WRITING WAY OF LIFE

WRITING WAY OF LIFE

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Resolve: Respond to Editors' and Agents' Requests.
At the June Agents and Editors Conference put on by Writers League of Texas (WLT), one editor and three agents asked me to send them more info about my book, The Thirteenth Moon. It is not the first time I have had this kind of response...but, like many other writers who are asked for more, I often did not follow up, thinking I needed to tweak, improve the manuscript first.

Recently I read that 70 % of writers who attend a conference and are asked for follow-up, never get around to submitting. In the past I have been among that 70%.

No longer. This week I will send to the editor and two of the agents the info they asked for. (The third agent does not have any clients in my genre, historical fiction.)

No comments:

Post a Comment