WRITING WAY OF LIFE

WRITING WAY OF LIFE

Friday, August 15, 2014

Mini Habits, a Powerful Way to Achieve Larger Goals...Stephen Guise

I just read an interview of Stephen Guise, author of Mini Habits. He proposes a simple concept that can be applied to so many areas of life. Create a habit by starting with a mini habit, an easily achievable habit. For instance if regular exercise is you goal, do one push up a day. That is easy to achieve and with time you will find yourself exceeding that goal, giving you a sense of achievement.

The same with writing. Create a mini habit, for instance, of writing 50 words a day. That is achievable and so the daunting challenge of sitting down to the computer will not seem overwhelming. Once you have started, you will probably exceed that goal.

Some mini habits I will begin to implement today:
1. Revise ten sentences of my novel every day
2. Write fifty new words a day in my blog or on my life story.
3. Spend 10 minutes a day becoming familiar my on-line WordPress Website
4. Walk 10 minutes every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment